About Chuck Lasker
Chuck Lasker has been been married to his wife, Sharon, since 1982. They have two adult sons, Brad and David. Brad is a chef, and David is a programmer. Their third “child” is their Shih Tzu, Petey. Chuck grew up on Long Island, New York, and lived in Indiana from 1985 to 2010. In 2010, after several years of visiting Kauai and wanting to make it their home, Sharon and Chuck moved here, first in Princeville, now in Kalaheo. Sharon is the Director of Marketing and Community Relations for the Regency at Puakea Retirement and Independent Living Community.
Chuck Lasker earned a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Clarkson University in 1984. Chuck has earned a Certificate of Social Media Marketing from So Me Academy, HubSpot Academy Inbound Marketing Certification, and Dot Native Digital Marketing Certification.
Chuck spent six years as an electrical engineer, working for Texas Instruments, the Naval Avionics Center (with a Secret Clearance) and Delco Electronics. Realizing his passion was more in marketing and business, he jumped into marketing. For 9 years he was Vice President of Operations and Marketing for a national health products company. In early 2003, Chuck left the corporate world and became a full time independent marketing consultant, focusing on helping businesses and nonprofits with their online marketing. Chuck is a writer, trainer, public speaker, social media addict, consultant, and the official video tutorial creator for several companies. Chuck has spoken nationally on ecommerce, affiliate marketing and social media. As a writer, Chuck has been published in Practical eCommerce Magazine, Website Magazine, The Huffington Post, Kauai Family Magazine, The Garden Island Newspaper, and more.
MEMBERSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING
- Helped found Kauai nonprofit, Keiki to Career Kauai;
- Served as Vice President of the Board of Directors of the Kauai Independent Food Bank;
- Is a member of the Kauai Chamber of Commerce, serving on the PR & Membership Committee;
- Is a member of the Kauai Filipino Chamber of Commerce, serving on the Membership Committee, where he is responsible for all online activities, including the website;
- Serves on the PR Committee of Kauai United Way;
- Is a founding sponsor of Kumu’s Cupboard;
- Is a member of the Kauai County Farm Bureau, where he helps with the Kauai County Farm Bureau Fair.
Additionally, Chuck has volunteered with the Kauai Planning and Action Alliance, Mālama Hulē‘ia, Kauai Community Players, Women in Theatre, the Kauai Guildas Backpack and Holiday Brigades, the Lights on Rice Parade, and other local nonprofits, as well as provided free social media training for dozens of local nonprofits.
FIND CHUCK ON THE WEB